Minimum Qualification :
B. Tech. in Civil / M. Tech. in Structural Engineering / Geotech Engineering / Environmental Engineering
3-7 years, (Preferable Experience in Substation Switch Yard & Power Transmission industry, Oil and Gas, Fertilizers, Power plant, Cement Plant, Construction etc in the field of Design and Engineering)
Objective / Purpose
- The Person shall carry out Analysis & design of Civil & Structural works for the PT&D IC.
- The person shall carry out civil related works for Substation.
- Responsible to cater to needs of all SS teams of Domestic & International.
- The Design Engineer prepares the design documents and reviews the drawings for a project or a set of smaller projects including co-ordination with other disciplines viz., Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical.
- Design Engineers shall work with a team of Draughtsperson to manage the Engineering activities within budget, deliver on time and maintaining a high quality of engineering
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of design documents.
- Review of Detailed Engineering Drawings
- Submission of Structural drawings & design document and to client for seeking approval
- Preparation of Document Control Index (DCI)
- Coordination with Site Team and Client to meet the requirements of design and drawings
- Preparing & checking BOQ and material with respect to previous projects
- Preparation of Design Basis Report for seeking approval from client regarding SOW.
- Interaction with Client for Drawing Approval and Clarification
- Interaction with Site for Clarification on drawing
- Optimize the structural quantities limiting the quantity with bidding quantity & at the same time meet the client requirement.
- Communication with interdisciplinary for getting civil inputs.
- Preparing mark up for drafting.
- Checking of drawings submitted by Draughtsperson.
- Preparation of pre-bid queries
- Study of clarifications & amendments, Soil investigation report (SIR), Tender drawings.
Desired Candidate Profile
- The Design Engineer shall be capable of performing the analysis & design, drawings of structural & civil elements covering GIS substation / control room buildings, transformer foundations, outdoor equipment foundations, guard house, staff quarters, grading, roads and drainage, outdoor steel structures and miscellaneous works related to the substations and cabling works.
- Design Engineer – Civil shall be able to review Vendor engineering documents with respect to Civil & Structural design.
- Knowledge of switchyard gantry towers, equipment supporting structures & foundations.
- Also, able to review of fabrication / detailed drawings for steel supporting structures.
- Should be familiar with design codes – domestic & international standards.
- The Engineer should be proficient in Steel structures, RCC structures & Geotech aspects. Knowledge of Site conditions, Topographic Conditions, environmental conditions for design calculations.
- Internally: Engineering Heads, Cluster Heads SCM, QC, Project Engineering Managers, proposal team, Safety(Sometimes), Other Section Heads
- External: Clients / Consultants, Vendors
Key Value Drivers
- On Time Delivery
- Quality control
- Cost Control
- Internal Process
- Development of Subordinates
- Learning & Growth
Software Skills Required:
- Day to day Analysis & design: STAAD, ETABS.
- Drawing: AUTOCAD & REVIT (not mandatory for working)
- Structural Detailing: TEKLA (not mandatory for working)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Market Insight
– Market Foresight
– Leveraging Opportunities
- Customer at Core
– Sustainable Partnership
– Anticipating Needs
– Customer Centricity
- Disruptive Innovation
– Challenge Traditional Approaches
– Generate Innovative Solutions
– Take Calculated Risks
- Collaborate and Influence
– Internal Stakeholders